Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 1: Optimism

I am actually feeling quite optimistic about the whole thing, after snapping up those bargains- I shall enjoy this feeling while it lasts! So let me take you through my first live below the line day:


Breakfast
Two poached eggs on some of my discount bread, but what a surprise as I cracked open my eggs: they were both DOUBLE YOLKERS. Perhaps a sign of a good week ahead. Needless to say after my four yolks on toast I felt quite sated.


Lunch
As the weather forecast is promising good things for the week ahead, it was decided that if we couldn't eat nice food, then we would at least eat it in a nice place, so, accompanied by our various Tupperware contents, the Restless Development LBL contingent went to sit by the river next to parliament. Very nice. Lunch for me was a carrot and potato soup I had whipped up yesterday which I was pleasantly surprised with, even though the lack of water did leave it with the appearance and consistency of baby food. Accompanied by some more bread (which is already tasting less than fresh on day one) it was an acceptable lunch..... 

Dinner
To keep me going through the afternoon I had two of my crumpets as a snack, which were eyed up jealously by all sitting round me. It's every man for himself I am afraid. On the menu for dinner was one of my recipes from my time in Cambodia: fried rice. I fried up small portions of onion and garlic, a few carrots and one or two beans, then cracked an egg in (ANOTHER double yolker,obviously had a super chicken stocking my box!). After that added some rice and some seasoning that I bought back from Cambodia and there it was. To make my meal seem bigger I decided to eat with a teaspoon- a least it lasted a bit longer. Apart from my sister sitting and eating Ben & Jerry's right in front of me, I have not really felt a desperate need to eat more than I have done today. I am sure that that will change as my meals get more repetitive, and the 15p bread gets staler, but for now, I am feeling positive!
If you would like to sponsor to raise money for Restless Development, the link is right here: https://www.livebelowtheline.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Fiona+Brown&commit=Search

1 comment: