Monday, March 26, 2012

Failing to Prepare is preparing to fail

So it’s nearly time to start living below the line. I wasn’t quite sure how to go about the weekend before. In my mind there were two options: The first was to eat everything in sight in preparation for a week of restraint, and the second was, like all good athletes, to taper down before the big race, i.e not eat too much to prepare myself for the event ahead. As you can probably guess, it was the former that won out. In between my various eating binges, I took a late night shopping trip to Tesco to get my supplies (didn’t feel like I could go back to Lidl after MushyPeaGate). Turns out late night Tesco was a great choice though as I go some bargains: 15p bread and 15p crumpets. I have no doubt I will be picking mould off them by the end of the week, but for now I am going to live in ignorant bliss. If you are interested in seeing exactly what was on my shopping list you can have a look here: http://www.restlessdevelopment.org/livebelowtheline-hintsandtips-1 My meals have been meticulously planned so I think if nothing else, I will survive until Friday.

But for now I shall leave you with a picture of my crumpets. What a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment