Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 2 and Day 3: Where's the crunch?

There has been a slight failure on my part over the last couple of days, as I have not only neglected to update this blog, but I have also been so engrossed in making and eating my food, that I have forgotten about taking pictures of it until it is too late, and I don’t think an endoscope is a viable option. Nevertheless the last couple of days have not been too bad in terms of the amount I have had to eat, but there has been a distinct lack of variety. Rice is a very common feature, but thanks to my training in Cambodia, I am managing to cope with that. I think I am going to mix things up tonight with some pasta… go wild! One thing that I have found is that I am distinctly un-hungrier that I was before. Maybe it is the prospect of eating the same thing over and over again that makes my stomach less inclined to remind with the rumbles I am so often greeting with at 11am. Another thing I have noticed is that everything that I am eating is very soft- there is a distinct lack of crunchiness… what I wouldn’t give for a crisp right now. Having said that I do have 46p left on my budget, so maybe that can be arranged as a final day treat. So for now I will leave you with some of the few photos I have taken of my gastronomic delights from that last couple of days.


mmmm value porridge (with water)!!


The 15p crumpets with a smidge of marmite are a saviour!

ANOTHER double-yolker, what have I done to deserve this!

The fried rice (my third serving of the week).

No comments:

Post a Comment