Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thus Far

This blog has perhaps been set up a bit late- I have already been here for a month, but better late than never. So a brief description of life out here in the hot hot heat of Cambodia. I am back working once again for New Hope for Cambodian Children, an NGO that is currently supporting over 1700 children with HIV. In 2007 I did a year long placement with the same charity (with Megan, my trusty partner in crime), and I have returned to see everyone again, as well as assist with the expansion of the project. I live out in Kompong Speu province amongst the rice paddies and villages of the Cambodian countryside in an orphanage, hereafter referred to as 'the village' which is currently home to 250 children and about 90 staff. Life is pretty basic, with no running water and limited electricity, but it is also a LOT of fun. There is always so much going on and through learning Khmer I have made some great friends here who give me more than a taste of authentic Cambodian life.

No comments:

Post a Comment